Anti-Extravasation Portal Plug for
Percutaneous Shoulder Arthroscopy
The latest in Cannuflow's rich pipeline of innovative fluid management devices,
ExtravaStopper is the first portal plug designed to keep irrigation fluid IN the joint, OUT of the interstitial tissue, and OFF the OR floor during
shoulder arthroscopy. ExtravaStopper prevents fluid loss
from abandoned portals and controls fluid extravasation,
even in problem areas like the anterior portal.
Simply load this easy-to-use device onto a blunt switching stick to quickly insert it
into a portal, then connect it to suction.
- Prevents fluid loss from abandoned portals to maintain good
distension throughout the procedure.
- Reduces fluid extravasation by continuously draining interstitial fluids,
visibly reducing swelling of soft tissues.
- Also effectively drains extravasated fluids in problem areas like the
- Loads easily onto a 4mm blunt switching stick for
placement in the abandoned portal.
- Connects to ordinary suction (e.g., to a bucket or Stryker Neptune with standard suction tubing).
- Prevents “Bernoulli effect” turbulence that can contribute
to bleeding and poor fluid clarity in the joint.
- Ensures tissue quality is maintained by preventing interstitial fluid
- "Bookmarks" your abandoned portals.
- Keeps fluid IN the joint and OFF the OR floor, meaning
less mess and fuss and quicker cleanup.
Other features include:
- Distal ribs seal the capsule interface and help hold distension even if the inflow water is shut off.
- Soft, atraumatic construction helps prevent tissue trauma.
- Incorporates easily into a surgeon’s current technique.
"I've been using the Extravastopper since it was released on the market and now use it for every case. It's amazingly simple and effective. I use it for all of the shoulder cases in which I will be in the subacromial space. I have found it very useful for keeping fluid off the floor, which the nurses love, and for controlling extravasation. It is particularly important after releasing the rotator interval to control extravasation. It is striking to see that extravasation actually lessens after I put the Extravastopper in the anterior portal. It is really a great device. "
Nathaniel Cohen, MD
Silicon Valley Surgery Center
Los Gatos, CA
You may also be interested in:
- TwoVu ST. Coaxial outflow sheath, it provides continuous fluid outflow for two-portal knee and percutaneous shoulder arthroscopy.
- TwoVu EX. Adds anti-extravasation capabilities
to the TwoVu's coaxial outflow capabilities.
- EntreVu EX. Offers all the
functionality of a high-quality instrument cannula, while also providing unprecedented anti-extravasation
- Reusable TwoVu Dilator. For dilating the
incision for easier insertion of the TwoVu scope sheath/arthroscope assembly.
(anti-extravasation portal plug)
Box of 10
|To place your order or to obtain the contact information for your local Cannuflow sales representative, call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-866-484-5400.
Back to top